Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:13 pm 

My panel: G75 PoE option
Hub: Linksys WRT54GL wireless router, with inline passive PoE
Controller: Galil DMC-2153

Problem: When using the galilsampleg75.qly program, I get a "Response Timeout" error when it attempts to connect with the controller. The same program in the simulator connects fine.

My laptop, the controller, and the G75 are all connected via Ethernet to the Linksys router. I can successfully download the program to the G75 from the laptop over Ethernet. In the simulator (i.e. on the laptop), I am able to connect to the controller and control it. But running on the panel, I'm not able to connect to the controller.

What I've tried:
-Making sure I've set the correct IP address for the controller (192.168.0.2 in my case).
-Making sure there are no conflicting IP addresses
-Using TCP or UDP (both fail)
-Using DHCP or static IP address on the panel (no change)
-Manually setting the connection settings on the CommObj object (no change)
-Disconnecting the laptop from the network when attempting to run from the panel

One thing I notice is that the Ethernet activity light on the controller does not blink when the panel is attempting to connect, although it does do so when the simulator is connecting. On the router, the light for the panel's Ethernet port blinks, but the other lights don't, implying that the signal isn't making it out of the router. Yet I'm absolutely sure I've set the correct IP address for the controller in the "Configure communication" window. So either something is preventing it from sending to the correct address, or it can't send anything at all (but can receive?), or my router has a very, very specific problem. Any thoughts?