Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 am 

Good morning,

I am in problems with the terminal G72. I try communicating my G72 with a DSP card but the communication is not fluently. I dont know the reason.

When I simulate my program with the SIMULATION option in Qlarity software (with my pc) there is no problem and the DSP works ok. The serial communication rs232 is fine and I recived all data and process with success.

But when I connect my G72 with the DSP card it not works ok and the terminal G72 goes slowly. Sometimes I think the comunication is not good and some data losses or the process is not fluently.

What can I do ?? With the pc simulation option DSP works ok and when I connect with the G72 not works really fine.

The serial comunication rs232 setup is 9600 baud, 8n1, no flow....

Please help me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 am 

The QTERM-G72 does have a different pinout than a PC, so if it's a straight through RS232 from the PC to the device, than the G72 will require a null-modem.

Can you describe in more detail where the G72 is not working? Are you seeing dropped bytes, corrupted bytes or no bytes at all being received by the G72?

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 am 

I have a null modem adaptor to the rs232 wire. But I dont know if I need another.
I put my null modem in a extreme of the wire but is it neccessary to connect another on the other side ??

Well, I try to describe my communication process to DSP and G72. I asking to DSP some data and DSP send to me by rs232. When I recibe all data I try to draw graphics or lines on screen.

The problem is that when I am simulating my software with DSP in PC option it runs ok and all data are received and finally drawed with success. I connect pc with DSP througth a rs232 wire (without null modem)

But when I connect G72 to DSP with a rs232 wire and only 1 null modem the communication not works fluenty or there is a problem and graphics dont draw at the end.

Do you know whats the problem ??
I have 1 null modem adatpor in a extreme but do I need another may ??
Do you think the communication is right or no ??

I need help, thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:04 am 

Since the PC does not need a null-modem, than the G72 will need 1 null modem.

In the QTERM-G72 setup, verify that the serial port is configured correctly (i.e. baud rate, parity, etc..). Verify that your serial object in Qlarity is configured to use the correct comport (COM1 or COM2). Try both comports on the G72 and see if they behave any differently.

If you would like to return the QTERM-G72 for us to test the comports and repair if needed, here is a link to get an RMA#. There is a charge if no problem is found.
http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/sup ... equest.php

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:53 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

One question that I am not fully clear on is: Is the problem a performance issue or a communication issue? If communication seems to "sort of" work, then perhaps we are suffering a performance issue. (Keep in mind that your PC likely has 40-100x the processing power of a G72 as well as a dedicated video processing unit). If the G72 is simply not keeping up with the workload, you may see symptoms similar to what you describe.

There are techniques you can use to improve performance, if indeed that is the problem.