Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Programing Cable
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:04 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

Keep in mind that USB support is still experimental for us -- this is why we didn't release the USB as feature in Qlarity 2.6 for the G58.

For simply downloading to the terminal and normal communication we recommend using one of the other communication options: RS-232/422/485 serial, 802.11 WiFi or wired Ethernet (Most G58s will only have 1 or two of those options.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 pm 

Jeremy wrote:
I generally recommend using DHCP to assign an IP address.

How to I tell what IP address has been chosen via DHCP?

My specific situation, is I have a G55 that uses an Ethernet connection for downloading the program.
(This terminal also has a serial connection, but it seems I cannot download through this??? I would actually prefer to work with the serial connection for downloading, but any way I can download is ok.)
I do not have permission to assign a fixed IP, so I wanted to make the terminal get an address via DHCP,
then I will manually enter this IP in Qlarity Foundry so that I can download to that terminal.
I went into the Power-On Setup with the terminal, and selected DHCP.
But I do not see how to tell what IP is chosen, so I don't know what to enter into Qlarity Foundry for downloading.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:53 pm 

When the terminal is in download mode (black screen with white text) it will display the IP address or it will say "DHCP Acquiring".

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:53 am 

Ron L. wrote:
When the terminal is in download mode (black screen with white text) it will display the IP address or it will say "DHCP Acquiring".

Ok, I see how to see this now. I seem to have succeeded in downloading via the Ethernet connection now.
(This was *much* faster than via serial.) However, I am having trouble with the serial connection on this tablet.

Our app communicates via serial connection, the Ethernet connection will only be used for downloading. But when I connect this tablet with the serial connector, it does not seem to establish communication. My app connects ok when I run it from Qlarity Foundry. (Of course, there may still be a subtle problem that makes it work in the simulated environment, but not the real one. I hope not though!)

Do I need to do anything to set the tablet to use the serial connection?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:57 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

The first thing that comes to mind is possibly a null modem or null modem adapter.

If you are able to connect your device directly to the PC without a null modem, then you will need a null modem when connecting the G56/G58 to your device.

The next thought would be to double check your communication settings, make sure the simulated serial port settings on the PC (Tools->Settings->Simulation) match the settings on your terminal (Power On Setup -> COM1 or COM2)