Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Programing Cable
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:55 pm 

I have just got the QTER-G58 with Wi-Fi support. together with the unit there are a USB cable (USB type A to HB30) can I use this cable to download application ? or I have to order a Programing cable?

what is order number for Programing cable ?

Post subject: Re: Programing Cable
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm 

The best way for you to program your QTERM-G58 is to utilize the Wi-Fi that is included with the G58. The USB cable that you received with your G58 is to allow you to transfer files to or from the internal NAND flash. Unfortunately the ability to download your application using the USB cable is not supported at this time.

To download your application to the G58 from Qlarity Foundry, select the 'Ethernet' tab instead of the 'Serial' tab in the download window. You will then need to enter the IP address of your G58. You may need to enter power on setup on the G58 to find or set the IP address for the G58.

If you can download your application using a serial port but you will need a different cable than the ones you have. I would suggest you use QSI # N05-441 12-pin Hirose (HR30-8R-12SC) to blank. With this cable you would need to add a DB9 connector. Please contact your sales representative is you decide to purchase this cable.

http://www.qsicorp.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:02 pm 

There actually is a way to download the application over USB, but it's not officially released. You can try downloading the USB drivers here and installing them:
http://www.qsicorp.com/engfiles/bleedin ... rSetup.exe
Make sure that when they ask if you want to re-boot that you select no otherwise the install does not finish correctly (hence why they are not released).

Once they are installed, you should see a new option in the Qlarity Foundry download dialog for USB.

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:25 pm 
QSI Support
QSI Support

Note that Ron's suggestion requires Qlarity Foundry 2.60 or later. Another reason that it is not released is that we may completely change how we are doing that in future versions of Qlarity and we didn't want to revoke a method to which users had become accustomed.

Ron's suggestion is useful and several people around here do use it though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:31 am 

Ron L. wrote:
There actually is a way to download the application over USB, but it's not officially released. You can try downloading the USB drivers here and installing them:
http://www.qsicorp.com/engfiles/bleedin ... rSetup.exe
Make sure that when they ask if you want to re-boot that you select no otherwise the install does not finish correctly (hence why they are not released).

Once they are installed, you should see a new option in the Qlarity Foundry download dialog for USB.

I have download that drive and install it, but I do not found the USB option from my Qlarity Foundry Download Application window.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 am 

wjohnson wrote:
The best way for you to program your QTERM-G58 is to utilize the Wi-Fi that is included with the G58. The USB cable that you received with your G58 is to allow you to transfer files to or from the internal NAND flash. Unfortunately the ability to download your application using the USB cable is not supported at this time.

To download your application to the G58 from Qlarity Foundry, select the 'Ethernet' tab instead of the 'Serial' tab in the download window. You will then need to enter the IP address of your G58. You may need to enter power on setup on the G58 to find or set the IP address for the G58.

If you can download your application using a serial port but you will need a different cable than the ones you have. I would suggest you use QSI # N05-441 12-pin Hirose (HR30-8R-12SC) to blank. With this cable you would need to add a DB9 connector. Please contact your sales representative is you decide to purchase this cable.

I have set G58 IP address and Wi-Fi seting as well. I turn the power on and seems G58 Connected to My Wi-Fi network, I can ping the IP address which G58 is, But when I try download My application then pop a windows
with message "Waiting terminal responce, please attach terminal to network" then nothing happen, the process bar does not show the download is start.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 am 

When you try to download does your terminal show a black screen with white text that says "Download Application..."? If not, you need to put your terminal into download mode.

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:41 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

Also, when using WiFi, I generally recommend using DHCP to assign an IP address. It is certainly possible to manually set one, but every WiFi network that I have personally encountered had a DHCP server and it pretty much eliminates the possibility of setting an invalid or duplicate IP address.

As far as USB download. I would suggest running the installer one more time, making sure not to reboot during the install process. Once you have installed, restart Qlarity Foundry. The download window should contain an additional tab (Serial, Ethernet and newly USB).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:54 pm 

Jeremy wrote:
Also, when using WiFi, I generally recommend using DHCP to assign an IP address. It is certainly possible to manually set one, but every WiFi network that I have personally encountered had a DHCP server and it pretty much eliminates the possibility of setting an invalid or duplicate IP address.

As far as USB download. I would suggest running the installer one more time, making sure not to reboot during the install process. Once you have installed, restart Qlarity Foundry. The download window should contain an additional tab (Serial, Ethernet and newly USB).

I am still not able to install the USB dirve on my laptop. but I was success to install it on my colleagues' laptop.
the two computer diference is my laptop is running XP service pack3. is the usb Drive not compateable with XP service pack3?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 pm 
QSI Support
QSI Support

I don't think that SP3 is the problem by itself. I have SP3 and it is working fine.

It is also possible that your computer has a configuration that is different than I encountered on any of the testing PCs.

Qlarity Foundry will show the USB tab if it locates the file "usbqsictrl.sys" in the following location: <CSIDL_SYSTEM>\drivers\usbqsictrl.sys. On most PCs <CSIDL_SYSTEM> will be c:\windows\system32.

You might want to check your PC and see if that file is there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:24 pm 

Jeremy wrote:
I don't think that SP3 is the problem by itself. I have SP3 and it is working fine.

It is also possible that your computer has a configuration that is different than I encountered on any of the testing PCs.

Qlarity Foundry will show the USB tab if it locates the file "usbqsictrl.sys" in the following location: <CSIDL_SYSTEM>\drivers\usbqsictrl.sys. On most PCs <CSIDL_SYSTEM> will be c:\windows\system32.

You might want to check your PC and see if that file is there.

Hi jeremy,

I do not find taht file "usbqsictrl.sys" under location of c:\windows\system32\\drivers.
if I just copy the file to above location, then you can see USB tab from Qlarity Foundry but it is no terminal be found undert the list.

by the way when I install USB drive computer never ask reboot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

I am not sure how far you want to pursue this path. One final option that I can offer is to manually install. We can provide the files necessary to manually install the driver and you can run them and report any errors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:56 am 

Jeremy wrote:
I am not sure how far you want to pursue this path. One final option that I can offer is to manually install. We can provide the files necessary to manually install the driver and you can run them and report any errors.

I will be appreciate that if you can provide the files necessary for manual install the driver.

please send to <moderator edit to remove email address from public forum>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:50 pm 

Hi there,

I just tried the USB driver on my Vista 64 bit machine. And it doesn't seem to work, I don't see the new USB tab on the download dialog? Does anyone know if the driver supports Vista 64. And if not, is there a way I can get it to work? What are my options? I am using G58.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:00 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

I do not believe that the USB driver has received much, if any, testing on 64-bit windows. In particular, as the driver has not yet been signed, I don't think that it can be used at all on 64-bit, without placing the Windows machine in a special test mode that would be undesirable for day-to-day operation.

(I am assuming you are referring to a G58 Qlarity unit and not a G58 Windows CE unit.