Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:24 pm 

I am trying to connect a National Instruments cRIO 9002 directly to a G70 touchscreen via ethernet crossover cable. I can communicate with the touchscreen through a LabVIEW program on a separate host machine, and I can also communicate with the RT system in a similar manner. I have no luck with the direct connection, though. I suspect it is a port issue, but I am not sure I am interpreting NI's "Which ports are used by LabVIEW RT?" document correctly. Pressing a button on the touchscreen causes the orange ethernet port light to blink 6 times and then stop (some sort of timeout?) Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:36 pm 

It could be a problem communicating relating to the IP Address. Can you please post the IP & Subnet of the cRIO as well as the G70?

It's very nice for development and testing if you get all of the devices connected together on the same network using an ethernet hub or switch. This way you can ping each device from your PC and verify they are all on the network. Then you can also use Qlarity Foundry Simulation View on your PC to talk to the cRIO. This is where I would start before testing the Qlarity program it on the G70.

The NIObjs in Qlarity use UDP protocol to communicate with the Labview VI's. So when you press a button you are seeing the blinking from some UDP packets being sent. You can be confident that the ethernet hardware on the terminal is working if you can see the lights blinking.

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:35 am 

Ron,

Thanks for such a quick reply. I have solved the problem, I think. It was a misunderstanding on my part concerning the auto-running of VIs on the real-time system. It turns out the software was not running on the cRIO - it was sitting there waiting to be told to run. :oops:

Anyway, for completion, here are the settings you asked for.

The cRIO info is:

IP: 192.168.200.002

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

According to NI, discovery ports are 44525(UDP on local subnet) and 44516(TCP not on subnet)

The G70 info is:

IP: 192.168.200.003

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

In my LabVIEW VI, I have the target IP set to 192.168.200.003, the target port set to 30000, and the local port set to 44525.

In the Qlarity Foundry software (v 2.40):

ipaddress = "192.168.200.002"

localport = 30000

foreignport = 44525

Thanks again for your time,

Unplugnow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:44 am 

Looks like you've solved the communication problem and it wasn't related to your IP addresses.

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/