Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:34 pm 

Are there plans to support the Power Management component TreqDriversNetCE driver on the M4x? When I access those functions, they return a value of False, with an error code indicating that they aren't supported on my hardware.

The main thing I'm trying to do is monitor the ignition line to perform a shutdown. I have been modifying the the registry entries under HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\TreqPM\Ignition Pin Options as per section 6.3.7 in the M4x manual, but nothing seems to work - the system power will power up on a positive-going transition of the ignition line, will stay on when the ignition line goes off, and then the system will power off on the next positive-going transition of the ignition line.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks!
Markus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:30 am 

Hmmm... Looks like I was working with an old version of the core (NK.Bin version 1.07). I received some new units with version 1.11 - I can set the registry entries correctly now (I see the polarity entry is gone, but there is a new one that controls whether the ignition line is allowed to wake up the unit).

It will be interesting to see if there's more thorough support for TreqDriversNetCE in the new core...

Thanks!
Markus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:16 pm 

Markus,

Yes, some features including the Power Management are only available in latest version of the M4x firmware. (1.11).

A new version of TreqDriversNetCE that supports the M4x is not yet available. However, I will make sure to notify you as soon as it becomes available. (no known time frames at the moment)