Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: adding libraries
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:44 am 

I'm currently going through tutorial 2 and I'm trying to add the tutorial.lib that was in the zip file for tutorial 2. I followed the directions listed in the tutorial which were go to edit -> edit libraries. Then from there add exisiting libraries then click add other libraries, find the tutorial.lib and hit open. When I hit open it says that the library is in beta version and changes might be made to the finalized version. But I still can't get the two icons to appear in the object palette. Anyone have any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:56 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

I am going to guess that you are either using an older verion of Qlarity Foundry (pre 2.30) or you are not using the version of the tutorial that came with your version of Qlarity Foundry.

In an early version of the tutorial, the library was inadvertently left with a beta version number. Also the two objects in the library were accidently flagged as "advanced" objects which would normally be hidden by the Qlarity Foundry user interface.

To enable showing the object icons, please select Tools->Settings->Editor and check the "Show advanced code sections..." This will instruct Qlarity Foundry to show those missing icons.

If you are using Qlarity Foundry 2.30 or newer, consider trying the version of the tutorial that was shipped with Foundry. If you are using an older version of Foundry, you might consider upgrading unless you have legacy terminals you are trying to support and don't wish to upgrade firmware on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:02 pm 

thanks for your help....the icons are showing now!

Today is my first day working with this so I'm not really sure how to use it but I'll try updating this thing and if it cost I'll have to talk with my manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:11 pm 
QSI Support
QSI Support

Good luck getting started with Qlarity :)

Qlarity Foundry is a free download. You can get it from www.qsicorp.com then click on the Documentation and Software link to the left.

If you have any software development experience, I recommend that you be sure to review Tutorial 4 which contains an introduction to handling object events in code which is really the most flexible way to develop in Qlarity.