Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:40 am 

I like that the code in the code in libraries is not editable until it is specifically unlocked. Is it possible to turn on this same functionality for objects under global :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:48 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

No, there is no similar functionality for any code that directly exists within your workspace.

I am curious why you want this feature as it, in my mind, seems counterproductive as it would prevent you from setting object properties or modifying or adding event handlers.

Would you want this feature for global (not associated with any object) code only? For objects that exist at the root level of the object tree or for all objects?

Library code is explicity locked for a few reasons: First, any modifications you make can effect all workspaces that use that object. Second, if you choose to modify a QSI provided library, then if you upgrade Qlarity Foundry you will probalby overwrite your changes with the current library version, and third on slower computers saving modified library entries can take a while as QF needs to rebuild the entire library. None of those reasons apply to workspace code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:55 am 

I have many screens and each has several child objects in the application I am working on. Occassionally I have edited code or properties for an object, thinking I had another object selected.

When I'm done working on an object or screen I will lock the screen and all of it's children. This at least keeps me from moving or resizing it inadvertantly. The code protection would be nice in case I was looking at one object and editing another and begin editing the wrong one.

It would be nice to have it at all levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:38 pm 
QSI Support
QSI Support

I've noted this on our "has been requested" list. I don't know that this will get implemented, but it will be visible and if other people start requesting it, then it might get done.