Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:13 pm 

I'm getting the following error whenever I try to download my application to the unit from Qlarity Foundry:
Quote:
Error 512: Not a valid application file.

The unit is a QTerm G70. I'm attempting to program it through the network interface. I've double checked the IP address, and I can ping the unit from my machine running Qlarity Foundry. I've booted it up in download mode using the power on menu.

The error seems to be coming from the machine itself because I only get it when I have the correct IP address and the unit is in download mode. Otherwise, the foundry programming progress window just sits there waiting for a response. I get one flash from the network activity light on the network socket in the back of the unit just before the error dialog appears.

I get exactly the same error if I create a new workspace (which creates a default workspace) and try to download that.

I know that this terminal works because it has been previously programmed by a contractor.

Searching online produced no results.

Anyone have any suggestions on what's wrong or how to make this error go away?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:35 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

This can happen if you are using a very new version of Qlarity Foundry (2.61 or higher) and are downloading to a unit with older firmware (2.600 or earlier). If this is the case, simply update the firmware on the terminal, using the Upgrade Firmware button on the download window.

This can also happen if you attempt to send something that is not a valid BFF file when using the Download Other BFF button in the download window.