Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:27 pm 

Using Qlarity 2.63 on Qterm-G72. I am trying to setup a button with an embedded icon, specifically for a "home" button using an image instead of the word "home". This is different from a standard icon button where the image makes up the entire button. I would like to use the button styles, borders, and pressed/notpressed animation already provided by the Qlarity environment.

I have tried simply laying a imageV2 on top of the button, but then the icon image "blocks" screen press events if the you press on the actual icon instead of the button area around the image. I have also tried using handlepress and click events, but the animation does not execute. BTW, I could probably get the imageV2.handlepress function to execute the button.screenpress(xdown, ydown) event if we had access to the xdown and ydown info from the imageV2.screenpress(xdown, ydown) function, but they are hidden since only the image.V2.HanldePress() is available for override -- with no passed parameters.

Ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:44 pm 
QSI Support
QSI Support

You are probably looking for the IconButtonV2 object. It should do all that you need.

With some work I was able to get the image over a button technique to work, but it was more work than the IconButtonV2 object.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:58 pm 

I cannot find iconbuttonV2, only imagebuttonV2. Any chance that is what you meant? With the imagebuttonV2, I am under the impression that an actual button-like object is not displayed. Instead, only an "on" image and an "off" image are available. I am hoping to have be able to use all the button animation, borders, and styles but have the center portion of the button with an icon instead of text.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:02 pm 
QSI Support
QSI Support

Do you have a set of yellow icons (with blue text/images) in your Object Palette? It is one of the yellow ones, for me it is the twelfth one in. Its image is that of a box with a smudge and the letters "ICO" on it.

If you don't have the yellow icons, you can all them by selecting Tools->Edit Libraries->Add Existing Library and selecting extra.qlib

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 pm 

Found it, as you suggested, under the "extras". Works great. Thanks.