Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:01 am 

I am having a problem with the screen closing when I press on the pulldown. I put a breakpoint in for when it closes and it is the softkey that is closing it. But the softkey is along the bottom of the screen and the pull-down is in the upper left.

It doesn't happen all the time, in fact it never happens the first time the screen is opened but if I use the soft key to close it and then open it again, then the next drop-down press will activate the softkey. If I click the list in the middle the first time I press nothing happens but the second time I press it works fine. Also after that the pull-down works normally.

It seems like something in the softkey isn't getting cleared. It is still trying "bid" for the press.

Is this a bug or something I am missing in my code to prevent this?
Attachment:
bidwon.png
bidwon.png [ 155.54 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]

Thanks,

jv

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:17 am 

Do you have a workspace I could use to reproduce the problem? This is not a behavior normally seen as the drop down list and soft-keys are handling keypresses from different keys that do not interfere with each other.

Make sure that you don't have any other screens enabled that are not being displayed which could have objects intercepting key presses.

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:02 pm 

Thanks Ron.

There could be another screen open underneath but the offending softkey is on this screen.

I can send you the workspace but you can't get to the screen with the problem without my hardware attached. Where should I send it?