Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: MAx rate Warning Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:15 am 

Hello, im still new with Qlarity software and, i have a prob with the warning message: "Warning - Terminal may generate excessive queries per second for MIPS 92Mhz processor. Current estimated max rate is 544.00 updates per second. The recommended max rate for MIPS is 24 updates per second."

what should i do? thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am 

This is a warning to let you know that you may have set your "updateperiod" properties to un-realistic times or that you just have to many objects on the screen at once. Your application will still work with this warning, but you may want to make some changes to make sure that your not seeing high latency in the data points your polling.

1. Make sure you don't have update periods set to numbers that will likely never be attainable such as 40ms. No need to poll this fast as you probably can't follow changes with your eyes faster than 240ms let alone 40ms.
2. Make sure you have the objects spread out into different screens. You'll want to check each screens enabled property to make sure you don't have more than one screen enabled at the same time.

That is just a warning so if your having good performance don't worry about it too much, but if you can get your application queries closer to 50-70 / second, that might be more reasonable performance to expect from a QTERM-G70 for example.

The 92Mhz is an older model unit and you likely don't have one of those, but if you did 24 updates per second would be a good target.

Some other performance tips:
3. Use the _ShowScreen function to change screens. Make sure all of the screens "enabled" properties are set to false in "Layout View" except one.
4. Use BDF fonts. They draw about 10 times faster than the TTF fonts in Qlarity.

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:12 am 

Thank you Mr. Ron L. for the solution, but where can i find the "updateperiod"properties?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:18 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

You are using one of your communication libraries (possibly Modbus?). Each object that can query data from the PLC has an updateperiod property that can be set.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:40 pm 

Im sorry for troubling you again, i use (OPTO22_PAC) communication libraries, and for information i can download the project into the terminal G-75, but after it been download, the terminal goes blank. Is it the warning message can contribute to this problem?

And if it is cause the problem, I already tried to double click the warning message, unfortunately the source code (at the code view) said that it has been hidden! it is a way to unhide it? Im sory, my english is not very good! Im Really appreciate your help.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:17 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

Opto 22 terminals should generally go through Opto 22 technical support.

At 544 queries per second, a completely blank terminal is possible. Drawing is the lowest priority activity on the G75. It is possible that trying to keep up with 544 transactions/second is leaving the G75 no time to update the display.

We generally make the source code to all of our objects available. However, there are a select few that are not available. The Opto 22 communication code is one such example. It is not available at Opto 22's request.

You have one or more of a few things things going on.

• You have a lot (all?) of your screens enabled at one time
  • You have many many objects on a single screen that are all updating
  • You set the update period on many objects to very low numbers. (I would recommend no lower than 200 ms on any individual object.)

While you probably don't need to get all the way down to 24 updates per second, you do need to reduce your updates to something much more reasonable or else you will have massive issues with the display keeping up.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:52 am 

My guess is that you have a high number of screens enabled at startup with objects that are using TTF fonts. I would check how many screens you have enabled in Layout View and possibly change all your TTF fonts to BDF if you're still seeing the long startup.

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/