Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:07 am 

I have a system that requires the G75 to communicate will two RTUs, one on each of the serial ports. I am adding some equipment to an existing system and need to display the equipment statuses. The existing HMI has one RTU connected and is setup through com2. There is a tab container which contains a tab displaying stauses (BoolVal). I need to add a new tab to display the additions to the system as the existing screen is full. What I'm looking to do is have the statuses (BoolVal objects) in each tab controlled by each RTU (e.g. tab1 controlled by RTU1 and tab2 controlled by RTU2). Is this possible? If so, how do you go about addressing in each tab? The existing MBregister is set up as register: 2401, numreg: 30 and the statuses addressing starts at 0,1,2,3...etc. How would I go about setting up the MBregister for com1 and how would I setup the new tab and stauses to accomplish what I want to do? Sorry this post is wordy! I am a power engineer who is trying to program this HMI out of neccessity! Any help would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

What you are doing is very possible. The general idea is that you have an MBCommV2 object in your workspace already that is talking to the first Modbus device. Now you will add a second MBCommV2 object. You will configure that object to talk on the other serial port and set up any settings you need.

Now, you will notice that every object that works with Modbus has a commObj property (I think that is the name), which controls which MBCommV2 object it works with. In the common scenario where there is only one MBCommV2 object, the individual objects are smart and know which one they should work with. In this scenario you will have to set each object's commObj property (they will default, upon creation, to the original MBCommV2 object).

So, first create the new MBCommV2 object. Then on your new tab create a new MBRegisterV2 object. Set its register and slave properties as appropriate, then set the commObj property to be the name of the new MBCommV2 object you created.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:21 am 

That makes sense. I was tring to add the MBregisterV2 to the globals and not under the specific tab. I do have one more question and that is the register on com2 was set to 2401 with 30 registers reserved, so what would a likely register name for com1 be? 2431 or somethin like that? I have looked everywhere to see how the memory is set up in the G75 yet I have not been able to find anything.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:36 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

The registers are defined by your PLCs, not by the G75. The G75 is simply reading/writing the appropriate registers from the PLC. It is entirely possible that your two PLCs' registers will have the same numbers.