Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:53 pm 

Hello,

I'm having a strange issue where components from disabled screens are popping forward. My app has several screens, one read only screen with no editable components and several screens that have editable components. The read-only screen is the home screen and upon application startup the read-only screen is the active screen. If I click any of the number buttons or some blank buttons (we have the small keypad for the G55 with a custom template) nothing happens as expected.

When I switch to a screen that has a component then go back to the read-only screen things start to go bad. If I go to a screen with a drop down menu then back to the read-only screen, if I click a button the dropdown menu appears, not the whole component but the menu itself. The really interesting part is that the drop down is a child of a disabled screen object. The objects are disabled like so:

func toggleCalibrationScreen()
CalibrationScreen.enabled(!CalibrationScreen.enabled)
readOnlyScreen.enabled=!CalibrationScreen.enabled
endfunc

The screens swap just fine but when I hit a button half the component pops forward. If I use a spinner I get the same problem where it is expecting input (the softkey menu changes) although no drawing occurs. These are hidden components, why are they expecting input?

I hope this is clear, if not please be honest and I'll try to explain from a different angle.

I have a G55 with Firmware 2.50

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 pm 

It sounds like some events may not be triggering objects in the way that your expecting from the key presses. For example on the drop down list. It sounds like it has the focus when you press a key which causes the drop downs list box to appear, then you disable the screen the dropdown list is in. Maybe putting some of this logic in KeyRelease events may help track this down.

Is it possible for you to e-mail me a Qlarity Workspace I can use to reproduce the behavior your seeing?

http://www.beijerelectronicsinc.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:34 am 

Sure. I'll send it along now. What is your email?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:25 am 

Private messages do not allow for attachments. I suppose you can PM me your email.