Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:07 pm 

Hi,

I had a custom 24 key keypad legend created for my G58E that does not consist of any shifted keys at all. I am therefore wondering how I can just use the Shift key like any other (although for me it is now obviously called something else entirely), without it affecting the detection of any of my other normal non-shifted type keys. I have read some other posts on here about leveraging the shift key in various ways but I don't understand anything about the keytranslation table at all or how to properly leverage it for this. All I know right now is that I'm supposed to turn the "AutoShift" off in the Keypad section of the Power On Setup to supposedly just make it a normal key like the rest, but I'm not sure where to go from here. So again, I want the key to act like any other normal key (and therefore not attempt to shift to some other keypad translation table), except of course, that its LED will also light up or go off when pushed, and I can then detect it and act on the event it generates.

Also, do you folks provide a custom keypad legend picture to use in the simulator when someone gets their own custom keypad legend made for a G58? I notice that one can import a new legend, but I was never provided with one even though I ordered and now have a custom legend on my terminal. While not absolutely necessary, I was just wondering if I am somehow missing something here.

Thanks!

B.Blair.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 pm 

Ok, I actually figured some of this out.

If I make the Shift key a regular key and use the key translation table then I can detect it with HotKeyV2. However, now its green LED won't light up when I push it, and yes, I want that too!

Also, and again, please comment on my question about the custom legend picture I mentioned below.

Thanks!

B.Blair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:42 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

You can, in power on setup, configure the shift key to function as a normal key (auto-shift set to OFF). When it is a normal key it is precisely that -- normal. In that mode, the LED also becomes a normal LED and can be set using the SetLED function. See the documentation for SetLED for details on which LED # corresponds with the shift key.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:16 am 

Thanks Jeremy.

Any comments about the custom legend picture I mentioned?

B.Blair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 am 
QSI Support
QSI Support

Hrm, I am not sure we have a procedure for that. I don't think we would have any objection's per-se. I don't have access to the art files for the keypad legends. You could contact your sales person and request a "bitmap (bmp) image for the keypad legend of <Gxxxx>" You can tell them to contact me if they have any questions.

You could also take a photo of your actual keypad if you wanted. Any .bmp image can be used

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:31 pm 

Ok, thanks. I can do this myself then. I somehow got the impression that there was more to it than just a bitmap. I can therefore use the original proof that was provided to me.

B.Blair