Beijer Electronics (formerly QSI Corporation)

Manufacturer of Mobile Data and Human Machine Interface Terminals.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:21 am 

This morning I quickly tested out the G56 connection to a Windows 7 64-bit machine. The process should be identical for a Windows 7 32-bit OS as well, and even the G58 WinCE device setup should be similar. Everything went quite smoothly. I've posted some screen shots of the process. One thing you need to ensure on the G56 side is that in the control panel under "pc connection" you have the "Enable direct connections to the desktop computer" checkbox checked. After plugging in the USB cable to the PC these are the dialogs that came up:

Attachment:
1 (Small).png
1 (Small).png [ 445.91 KiB | Viewed 5110 times ]

Notice that it needed to download a driver from the internet before it would recognize the device.

Attachment:
2 (Small).png
2 (Small).png [ 411.36 KiB | Viewed 5109 times ]

I got this "Restart your computer" dialog that popped up with a timer. I ignored it for now.

Attachment:
3 (Small).png
3 (Small).png [ 443.37 KiB | Viewed 5110 times ]

The Driver Software has finished and recognized the "QSI_QTERM_G5x" device, but the installer is still running so I'm waiting for it to finish.

Attachment:
4 (Small).png
4 (Small).png [ 435.21 KiB | Viewed 5112 times ]

The installer has finally finished and the "Windows Mobile Device Center" dialog has come up. I simply chose "Connect without setting up your device".

Attachment:
5 (Small).png
5 (Small).png [ 410.13 KiB | Viewed 5114 times ]

I can now browse the contents of the device, and perform other operations using the Windows Mobile Device Center dialog.

Also make sure to install the QSI SDK for the device in order to use the development environment inside visual studio.